About Us
  • Account Opening
  • Account Profile Management
Deposit & Withdrawal
Fees & Charges
Fractional Shares
Data Subscriptions
Trading in US Markets
What documents do I need to prepare to open an account?

In order for us to comply with our regulatory and legal obligations, we need to verify your identity. We need to see a document which clearly shows your ID, and one which shows where you live so that we can verify your details accordingly.

We will request the following documents as part of your application;

A proof of identity document:

This should be a photo of a valid government-issued ID clearly showing your photograph such as a passport, current photocard driving licence, biometric residence permit or a government issued national identity card from an EU state.

We may at our discretion accept alternative documentation such as a copy of your original birth certificate.

A proof of address document:

This can be a copy of a bank, building society or credit card statement dated within the last 3 months, a utility bill (e.g., gas or electric but not a mobile phone bill) issued within the last 3 months or a local authority council tax bill for the current council tax year.

We may at our discretion accept alternative documentation such as an alternative financial statement such as an ISA or pension or HMRC tax notification dated within the last 4 months.

If you have not used it for your identity document, a copy of your current photocard driving licence (provisional not accepted) showing your current address may be used.

Please note that:

PDF versions of bank statements are acceptable as long as these are downloaded directly from the bank’s website or app and show economic activity on the account.

Mobile phone bills are not acceptable as a proof of address document.

If alternative documents are provided, these may take substantially longer to review.

Applications will be rejected if the name or address in your application differs from that on the provided documents or if the documents are forged or altered.

Problem Solved?